Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This showed up at our local club get together. A 64 Cobra, restored by two brothers who inherited it from their father when he passed away. Was stored in various sheds and barns for over thirty years. They did all the restoration and body work themselves, only had someone else recover the seats. They have pictures from when they where just kids setting in it.

I have decided to repost the picture, seems many would like to enjoy them.

·
Premium Member
10,533 Posts
How cool is that!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Very nice indeed.

And a great tribute to their father from his sons!

Lynn

·
Senior Charter Member
6,409 Posts
I'm Just Sayin'...

And I thought I was the only one with a white ffr, now I see two side by side
OH, do you want fries with that?????
I see one white FFR, with Rookie Stripes, side by side with a very nice, all white, restored Small Block [email protected] I missing something?

Regrds, Rick.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts

·
Registered
11,831 Posts

i think this engine bay is perfect! it's new, but not new looking, or at least no too new looking.

i wonder what they did with the restoration as far as the aluminium panels.

:icon22:

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Glad you posted this Rich, I think it's a very cool story.
But it gets even better..........
before their dad "put it in the barn" he pulled the original 289 out of it and put it in another car (Mustang?) and SOLD IT.
When they were restoring it, they found the original numbers matching engine on eBay and BOUGHT IT BACK! I don't think the seller knew what he had.

and it SOUNDS even better than it looks!

btw,,,,,
'm Just Sayin'...
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakelake
And I thought I was the only one with a white ffr, now I see two side by side
OH, do you want fries with that?????
I see one white FFR, with Rookie Stripes, side by side with a very nice, all white, restored Small Block [email protected] I missing something?

Regrds, Rick.

If you look on both sides of the original, you'll actually see a Hurricane (with a 427 and 3 dueces) that's the white car with the red team stripes. The car on the driver's side is a sand/yellow car, affectionately known in the club as "buttercup". Btw, we did have 2 other white FFR's at the meeting, but not in the pictures here.

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rich, Great story, thanks for sharing. Did you get the CSX #?

snakelake, checkout magnus, his forum name. Wimbledon White with Guardsman Blue stripes. Here is a link to his cross country trip.

Coast-to-coast Road Trip 2011 - Photography by Magnus Dahlgren

George
Yes, I know the #'s, but its not my car or my place to give out that info. At this time the owners are being private, we did ask permission to post some pictures.
The story is really is as cool as the car. Their dad saved the car from being destroyed in an old abandon building in St. Louis. It had sat there partially disassembled, with the building falling down around it. He managed to get it out of the building just days before it was bulldozed down. They dont remember how much he paid, but they think it was around $400.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,660 Posts
Rich,

I know the 289 Cobra registrar for SAAC, and would like to pass on the updated info is it has not been in the registry.

If you wish, PM me the number?

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I guess I shouldnt have posted this up. Some people refuse to except confidentiality. I said I will not give out the #'s, not my car or my right to do so. So here is the question, do you want to enjoy looking at this beauty, or have me delete the pictures? One more insistence I reveal the #'s and it gone.

·
TC COBRA
521 Posts
The under-car / side exit exhaust looks pretty cool. I've never seen this configuration on an original before. Looks good, great story!

·
Premium Member
10,620 Posts
Well I guess I shouldnt have posted this up. Some people refuse to except confidentiality. I said I will not give out the #'s, not my car or my right to do so. So here is the question, do you want to enjoy looking at this beauty, or have me delete the pictures? One more insistence I reveal the #'s and it gone.
Rich, don't you think the fact that they drove to a public location, opened the hood for the public to view, and are rightly proud of their accomplishment kind of eliminates the confidentiality? Fact is, they should be in the SAAC registry unless they are foolish.

·
Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
WOW! What a beauty..:)

I'd love to see how the hood prop rod attaches to the hood on those slabsides. Think they just had a hole drilled in the hoop for it to slip into?
Wonder how the other end of the prop was attached to the firewall..?
I wouldn't mind doing something similar.

·
Registered
7,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Rich, don't you think the fact that they drove to a public location, opened the hood for the public to view, and are rightly proud of their accomplishment kind of eliminates the confidentiality? Fact is, they should be in the SAAC registry unless they are foolish.
What part of "not my car or my place to do this" dont people understand? How would you feel if someone took a bunch of pictures of your car at the paint shop, and posted all over before you had the opportunity to do so? Its their baby, they will do it when and how they choose. Are you all that self-centered and righteous?:mad: Maybe you're the fool

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.