Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start the build this weekend!!!
before I start I thought I would ask the collective if i need to use the ugly splash shield that is attached to the front spindles or if I can ditch them for a cleaner look.

Michael

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,500 Posts
50% say yes and 50% say no, save them anyway, i am using them because they supposidly keep water out from the back side of the rotor where water and debris should not be. as you tear down stuff dont throw away anything, if you dont use it later you can atleast sell it to recoup donor cost, i made back about $500 on my donor and the whole car only cost me $750 anyway.

take care

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Your choice. Some guys use 'em, some don't. I tossed mine, particurly since I bent the heck out of them taking the spindle apart.

All the best,
Tag

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Mine were in decent shape so I used them for the reasons capecobra said. I just cleaned them and painted them black. They're pretty well hidden after that.

·
Senior Charter Member
3,272 Posts
I originally cleaned them up and painted them and installed them. But I was constantly cleaning the dust off of my rims. Just couldn't keep them clean so off they came and I tossed them.
Todd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.