Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Mike Forte parts

Hi All...Well, have to order the rear-end and rear brakes for the Hot Rod before the end of the year and was wondering if anyone knows if Forte's Parts or any other supplier has a 'end of year' sale, Christmas Sale or anything like that going on now? I am going to give Mike a call tomorrow and see if I can find out directly, but thought others might know of additional suppliers having a sale as well?????? please feel free to email me direct at "[email protected]"...and my best wishes for a truly great, safe and Happy Holiday to you all!!!
Dan Melnik
Beaumont, CA

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Dan,
I have a Christmas special posted with "snakeboost" . It offers a discount up to $100.00 on orders.

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Dan,
Until Dec 24th We are running our annual coupon!

The Forte's coupon is in effect - [email protected] [email protected] $500, [email protected]$1000,[email protected]$2500

This does not include engines or packages or sale items as they are already discounted!

Also does not include transmissions unless there are other parts added in
Example trans = $2195.00 no coupon but add a clutch for $345.00 and get $100.00 off!!!!

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...e-year-time-our-pre-holiday-holiday-sale.html

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: rear-end/brakes for 33 Hot Rod

Hi again Mike! thanks for the 'posts' relating to the parts for my '33 HR project! Your reply says "NEW 5 LUG AXLES & BRAKE KITS & NEW 8.8\" REAREND IN BOTH IRS & FOX AXLE. "....my FFR kit has the 3-link setup and I would like to get the 8.8 rear-end PLUS the rear brakes but I am not sure whether to get the 11.65 (are these the 'standard' size?)
or larger brakes? also, I think someone said that you offer differnet makes of rear brake packages...is there a real difference in who the maker is ?(Baer/Wilwood/etc) I do know that the larger brakes, possibly over 12+ will affect the kind of wheels I can use but I have not yet ordered (or even decided on!) what wheels I will be using.
...hopefully I will get to calling you during the day Tuesday. I am in southern California...zip code 92223, so the shipping costs are something else I would like to ask about. (shipping would be to a RESIDENCE and not a company or loading-dock)
...I also will be needing headers and the throttle linkage to go from the tranny to the motor, but not sure if you even supply those as I am figuring on getting those via Summit Racing catalog...by the way, the motor is a 347 Stroker from The Engine Factory and the tranny is a Ford AOD from Monster Transmissions.....I wanted to get a good 'overflow' canister for the cooling system as well and a good, solid and durable rear end differential too...but, depending on how much the rear and brakes cost (with the shipping), the smaller items may have to wait.
Thanks again for all the help (and your patience!) speak with you tomorrow, er, I mean later today!
:)
Dan Melnik
Beaumont, CA

·
Premium Member
9,127 Posts
Hi Dan,
I'll be in all today and we can go over your shopping list and get a quote for you. If you want to email me your details, I'll start a quote before you call.
Thanks,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.