Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Max tire height

Hi All! has anyone figured out what the MAX tire height is if using the standard front & rear suspension on our '33 Hot Rods? I found several 'calculators' on the internet that will give me overall tire weight with different sized tires & diameter wheels, but was wondering just what the actual, real-world max height is before the tire will hit the body or chassis? I ordered the Bike Fenders with my kit but not sure yet if I will be using them or if I need to get WIDER fenders! (guess that will depend on the tires I finally decide to use)
Thanks a bunch!!!
Dan Melnik
Beaumont, CA
P.S. feel free to email me at "[email protected]"

· Registered
561 Posts
Per Factory Five,

With fenders:
Front maximum wheel width and Backspacing: 9.00” with 5.50” Backspace
Front maximum tire width: 255mm
Rear maximum wheel width and Backspacing: 11.00” with 6.00” Backspace
Rear maximum tire width: 315mm
Front / Rear maximum tire diameter: 25.7”

· Registered
174 Posts
Per Factory Five,

With fenders:
Front maximum wheel width and Backspacing: 9.00” with 5.50” Backspace
Front maximum tire width: 255mm
Rear maximum wheel width and Backspacing: 11.00” with 6.00” Backspace
Rear maximum tire width: 315mm
Front / Rear maximum tire diameter: 25.7”
What's a bit confusing is that the rims FFR sells online for the 33 have a recommended tire size of 305/35 18 which are 26.4 tall

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

· Registered
561 Posts
What's a bit confusing is that the rims FFR sells online for the 33 have a recommended tire size of 305/35 18 which are 26.4 tall

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App
I would be those have been offered since before the fenders were available, or the fender option isn't used much and that wheel/tire combo fills up the wheel well better without them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.