Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Re: Hot Rod Body Buck

Hi All...found a bit of info on the site for building a wood-body-buck for a Roadster but didn't find one for a 33 HR...is there one posted anywhere and am I just not looking in the right place (would not be a surprise) or do I just modify this one posted for the Rpadster so it will fit the HR?
http://www.ffcars.com/forums/106-getting-started/168896-how-build-body-buck.html

...thanks in adnvance for any suggetsions! ([email protected])
Dan Melnik
Beaumont, CA

·
Premium Member
9,671 Posts
Very few builders use one. Mine sits on the ground outside the house now. I planned on doing the body work with the body on the chassis. The painter who will finish and/or fix my bodywork has his own stands and hangers.

I've seen some pictures of stands used to support the body parts above the chassis for storage. That looked handy if you have limited space. If you want to support the body for storage by supporting the body from the inside, the underside of the dash and aft body are nearly flat. It should be easy. If you want to support it for bodywork I would follow the lead of kgb911 or arrowhead, check out their threads.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I built one wide and high enough to roll over the chassis. I modified it later so it was lower and would hold it up unobstructed for bodywork and paint.

Any chance you have the basic dimensions to that modified version you used for painting? My delivery is 6 months out and I’m looking forward prep projects to do In the meantime.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Mine below. Measure your trailer (if you have one) and built it wide enough to roll over your trailer, then you can drop the body on/off trailer and chassis unassisted.
Rachet tie downs can be used to lower/raise the body carefully 6 or 8 inches at a time. The brace in the middle fits down into the passenger compartment so can lift the body all the way up high enough to clear the chassis but isn't much taller.

Plant Motor vehicle Wood Tree Grass

Plant Automotive tire Motor vehicle Wood Wheel

Plant Sky Shade Wood Tree

1 - 6 of 6 Posts