Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Allen:
Tried your link but all I got was a blank window. Tried clicking on the "forward" button but still got nothing.
DonC

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
Allen:
Much better. Looking really good.
Have you received the new door latch yet?
I don't know if you noticed it on the video that I shot for you on the delivery day but in the shot of you pulling into the driveway the passenger side front wheel comes completely off the ground as you're turning off of the street and the car doesn't even wiggle. Talk about a stiff frame.
DonC

·
Registered
404 Posts
Allen,

We saw your car being readied for loading at RCR on the day we picked up our SL-R. It is absolutely stunning. Enjoy!

Bruce

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Allen:
Much better. Looking really good.
Have you received the new door latch yet?
I don't know if you noticed it on the video that I shot for you on the delivery day but in the shot of you pulling into the driveway the passenger side front wheel comes completely off the ground as you're turning off of the street and the car doesn't even wiggle. Talk about a stiff frame.
DonC

Hi Don,

Yes I noticed it. Pretty darned cool!

The door latch will be here next week along with my numbers. Today I managed to make a puller tool to remove the shift shaft block and pull the seal that was leaking. Tomorrow I plan to find a new seal and fix the pesky leak on the trans-axle.

Fran and his crew have been helping me get the car sorted out and I hope to take it to the dyno tuner next weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
you have a pm

Hi Tom,

I stopped by work today and picked up the CD you made for me. Man you took some great photos. Thanks the CD :wave:

I will post some of the pictures you took when I get some time.

I think I got the transaxle leak sorted out. Now I have some electrical problems to deal with. Hopefully I can take the car to the dyno next weekend.

I have my numbers coming and I will take more pictures of the car when it is finished.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Picture Courtesy of Tom Ryan

The other day Tom Ryan and Don Newman came by to see our RCR40 and Tom took some very nice photos of the car while he was there.

Here are a few of them:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Awesome vid, thanks for posting

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm working on my car this weekend. I hope to have it ready to drive around the block at some point today.

I also need to check Fuel pressure and make sure it is adjusted properly for my injection.

Then I need to adjust the shift control, and thankfully Jim Cunningham the designer of the shift control said that he would talk me through the process this weekend when I'm ready.

Mark from RCR thinks we need to ad a valve to the system to avoid a potential overfill problem. I know Dean didn't have this problem with his car, so I am not sure what was done different at RCR, but Dean Lampe said he would help me figure it out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts