I built it myself
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which works best on driver side?
Which works best on passenger side?
Thanks, Rick

·
1,018 Posts
I went w/ the flat on driver's side and think it works real well. I have no mirror on pasenger side.

Doug

·
Charter Member
478 Posts
My personal preference is flat on the drivers side and convex on the passenger side. The convex makes it easier to see passenger-side traffic when you're merging in that direction. Optionally, you can pass at a rate that is so high that whatever was there isn't there any more. But seriously, Watch where you mount your passenger-side Raydot. I have mine mounted on its bracket on the windshield frame and I can see absolutely nothing in it.

FFR #1920

·
Premium Member
3,886 Posts
Mine are halfway up the windshield frame, flat on drivers side, convex on pass side (actually a flat one with a self-adhesive convex mirror stuck over it). They work great.
The pass side convex is nice, especially at night for those looky-lous that sit in your blind spot ogling the car. I have double roll bars and highback seats, so my blind spot is pretty big.

Forrest

·
Registered
424 Posts
I use a convex on the Driver's side. I tried the flat at first, but couldn't see diddley squat. I don't use a pass side mirror .. easy enough to just turn my head as I always do in any other car I'm driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts