Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone,

So we have a rare opportunity to own a wonderfully set up G50/52 gearbox with Limited Slip Differential. The best part of this gearbox is that it not only looks brand new, has all of the strengthening upgrades, but also has proper V8 gearing.

Take a look at these ratios and let me know what you think.

ring and pinion 3.44

1st gear is a 2.6154 good till 62.441MPH at 7000 RPM (with 27 inch Tire diameter)
2nd gear is a 1.50 good for 108.871MPH
3rd gear is a 1.125 good for 145.161MPH
4th gear is a 0.9231 good for 176.915MPH
5th gear is a 0.7857 good for 207.845MPH

This would be an ideal race box, but also good for any high hp builder that wants the most durable 5 speed out there.

I don't expect that we will have this long as pricing on this is exceptionally good. Please keep in mind that this is a completely rebuilt gearbox.

$8500.00 plus shipping.

I will post up some pictures once we are done building it but I this one is a looker. Really nice detailing and incredible performance.

Give me a call if you have any questions that I can help with.

Erik Johnson
GBox LLC
(303) 440-8899 work

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm still trying o figure out what I want to build and here's my question on transaxles. My vette with 300 hp and 325 torque turns 1185 rpm at 60 mph, my pick-up 4.6 v-8 stock turns about 1550 rpm at 60 mph, so why turn a 400 to 500 hp engine at 2100 to 2500 at 60 mph in such a light weight car sitting lower than my vette and much lower than my full size pick-up? Seems like a loss of a lot of mpg and top end. Not an automotive engineer. so could someone help me understand why turn the engine so many more revs?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
EDIT: Sorry, just re-read your post.

I think these transaxles are setup for acceleration, and track scenarios where fuel economy is not the biggest factor.

You could easily change the ratios to suit your highway cruise needs. I agree that I'll never use 5th gear for acceleration,
and top speed is not very important. I'd probably regear the pinion to a 3.2x, and leave everything else alone.

That would satisfy the highway cruise RPM, and still give you decent acceleration with such a light frame (for LS1 power curve).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.