Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me to a thread on the use of the Ford Ranger heater bypass valve or provide a part number? I tried to search, but not getting any hits on older threads where I know it had been mentioned in the past. I am putting a Coyote in a 70 Mustang and I want to use the same bypass valve I used in my MK4 years ago.

BTW, I am looking for the bypass that is electrically switched but vacuum actuated.

Thanks,

Alan

·
HighTech Redneck
603 Posts
This is the one I used recently:
https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b/murray-climate-control-4379/air-conditioning-16770/heater-control-valve-12445/bec7acaa888e/murray-climate-control-heater-valve/74809/4522534

I used a spare on/off switch from my base kit, a tad/tab solenoid from my donor, and a vacuum check valve to do the electric/vacuum operation. I sourced a couple pieces of moulded heater hose to make the bends.

I still have one of the tad/tab solenoids, if you want/need it. Just pay shipping.

Kyle

·
HighTech Redneck
603 Posts
This was my result. Seems to work well, but don't have any miles on it, yet.

Kyle

Attachments

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kyle: Looks similar to what I used years ago. I kept digging through my documentation and finally found the PN for the Ranger bypass was Motorcraft YG-350.

·
HighTech Redneck
603 Posts
Fair enough. I looked at the reviews on the one AutoZone sells and everyone said they failed. The Murray one has good reviews and I have other Murray cooling components (my Mustang replacement radiator), so I have some trust in their parts. Can't blame you for going MotorCraft, though.

Kyle

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Motorcraft YG-350 has been in use on the Cobra for nearly 6 years now and 10000 miles between myself and the new owner. So yeah, I went with something that was known to work. The YG-350 cost me $23 from RockAuto shipped, so why risk going with some off brand part? When I was growing up, I remember Murray made bicycles, I guess hey have diversified or not the same company.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
AC and Heater Plumbing Diagram for Coyote and Vintage Air

Although the diagram below is for my Mustang restomod under construction, the heater bypass valve and vacuum solenoid control are the same as what I used on my Factory Five years ago. I hope this helps others with the heater plumbing on their cars. The engine used in this case is a 2nd Gen Coyote.

This solution was originally provided by Mark Temple, Mark_T on this site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts