Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While my initial hope was to find sticky 17" Goodyear tires with white lettering, no such animal appears to exist. I'm now considering applying permanent white lettering to 17" tires that I'm going to purchase...as soon as I can get past the perception of it being juvenile and something I would paint on to my Hot Wheels cars' tires back in the day.

I've read several other tire threads and I notice may others choose Nitto and a couple of other brands. I like the 15" Goodyear stenciled 'look' but I'm obviously going with 17" tires instead. I suppose my greatest fear is that the Goodyear Eagle letters on the tires themselves are too short and stubby because of the small sidewall. I'd like to keep the white lettering identical in size and shape to the GOODYEAR EAGLE on the tires themselves, but I don't want them to look too cheesy because they are so small.

Does anyone have any photos of raised white lettering specifically on Roadster MkIV 17" tires? Either solid or white outlined, especially Goodyear tires? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I believe that was one of the sites I was looking at. I'm not sure if those photos are 17" tires, which is why I was asking if anyone had photos of raised white lettering specifically on 17" tires. Thanks again...

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Thank you! I believe that was one of the sites I was looking at. I'm not sure if those photos are 17" tires, which is why I was asking if anyone had photos of raised white lettering specifically on 17" tires. Thanks again...
That site sells the lettering from 1/2" tall to 2" tall .And even custom sizes and lettering :)

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
Looks good, nice job. Curious what paint is on the car. Ours look very similar. Mine is a Chrysler red & Jaguar silver.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input and photos!

·
Registered
6 Posts
While my initial hope was to find sticky 17" Goodyear tires with white lettering, no such animal appears to exist. I'm now considering applying permanent white lettering to 17" tires that I'm going to purchase...as soon as I can get past the perception of it being juvenile and something I would paint on to my Hot Wheels cars' tires back in the day.

I've read several other tire threads and I notice may others choose Nitto and a couple of other brands. I like the 15" Goodyear stenciled 'look' but I'm obviously going with 17" tires instead. I suppose my greatest fear is that the Goodyear Eagle letters on the tires themselves are too short and stubby because of the small sidewall. I'd like to keep the white lettering identical in size and shape to the GOODYEAR EAGLE on the tires themselves, but I don't want them to look too cheesy because they are so small.

Does anyone have any photos of raised white lettering specifically on Roadster MkIV 17" tires? Either solid or white outlined, especially Goodyear tires? Any info is appreciated!

Thanks,
George
As an alternative, consider a stencil: 15 inch Wheel Good Year - Large 'Billboard' Stencil Set [RD-VD-LGGYS] - $65.00 US : RACELINE DIGITAL, Boat Graphics | Motorsport Graphics (this one if 15", but I believe they have other sizes).

I cleaned my tires w/acetone and sprayed with a can of plasti-dip. To me, this is more of a "period correct" look and can be used on any brand of tire.

Best of luck!
DannyD

·
Registered
701 Posts

Or just use 15" and billboards. Like a fine wine, they get better looking with time.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Gorgeous cars...thanks for the photos!

·
Registered
5 Posts

Thanks,
George

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I came across those and they looked interesting...definitely a consideration. They are 17’s, correct?

·
Not a waxer
11,809 Posts
I came across those and they looked interesting...definitely a consideration. They are 17’s, correct?
What? Those BFG Radial T/As? Those are 15s and (Sorry petedaly) generally regarded as one of the absolutely worst performing tires on the market.

Jeff

1 - 17 of 17 Posts