Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone provide a replacement part number and a supplier for the rag joint replacement. I know Breeze has some options but I want to ensure that I make the right purchase. I'm using a doner upper shaft and a doner power rack in a manual configuration.

Jimmy

·
Charter Member
180 Posts
As another option you can go with a rag joint eliminator that is avilable for Mike Mack at tri-states. I acualy had to get this just to get my steering wheel strait as the rag joint eliminator has teeth that allow fine adjustment, the rag joint and all other parts only allow 90-180 degree adjustment.

Skid

·
Registered
796 Posts
I strongly recommend talking to (and buying from)one of our suppliers such as Tri States, Breeze, Fortes Parts, etc. just because they have seen all the combos of these cars we build over and over. They are a wealth of info that you're hard pressed to get anywhere else. I don't work for any of them, just my 2 cents from my experience.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
888 Posts
Landscaper: If at all possible get to drive a car with the PS used as manual. You will not like it! If that's impossible, question those who have that set-up for their opinions. Bob

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Wait a minute. I like my power rack used as manual after replacing the rag joint. 25K miles and no plan to change it out. I have built cars with FR, 6812 and power steering pump.
Roger

·
Junior Charter Member
1,053 Posts
I am thinking of using the 26 spline pinto joint
described in previous thread by DRUMMERMIKE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts