Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody installed a radio/audio system?

Where did you put it? Did you install an antenna?

Thanks
Robert

·
Registered
439 Posts
For my last two fiberglass cars, I have used the Tune Tapper. I am sure that there are other brands out there that work just as good. They are really poor at AM, but the FM is good enough for me. Since the antenna is horizontal, you are not going to get as good reception as a vertical antenna, but town driving or even driving on public highways, I have not had any issues.

Tune Trapper Hidden AM FM Antennas For Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Stereos, Radios

·
Registered
255 Posts
For my last two fiberglass cars, I have used the Tune Tapper. I am sure that there are other brands out there that work just as good. They are really poor at AM, but the FM is good enough for me. Since the antenna is horizontal, you are not going to get as good reception as a vertical antenna, but town driving or even driving on public highways, I have not had any issues.

Tune Trapper Hidden AM FM Antennas For Cars, Motorcycles, Boats, Stereos, Radios
I used a exterior antenna and glassed it to the inside of the right side of the body just past the door by about 18 inches. Great reception, But I use a thumb drive in the radio most of the time. three thumb drives=4000 songs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
For speakers, I installed a set of Polk 6.5 components in the center console with the mids facing the knee area and the tweeters facing the passengers. Crossovers are behind the dash.
For power, I used a JL motorcycle amp combined with 12v bluetooth attachment so my phone can control it all. Works great.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts