Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys ive got a quick question we are getting ready to put some sounds in ffr1278. ive noticed that some of yous if not all are running without an antenna is there a kit so that we dont have to go drilling holes in ours for it or where is everyone hiding theres. thanks

·
Registered
218 Posts
If I were going to mount a radio antenna, I would use a small strip antenna. Do a Ebay search for "hidden antenna" and you'll see them.

·
Junior Charter Member
185 Posts
Chris,
Most are running antenna I had one in #2796. I had it mounted in the trunk on the passenger side. I read somewhere on the forum that radio frequencies are not effected much by the fiberglass body. Worked for me ;)

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
I am using an amplified hidden antenna, it can mount under the dash, in the trunk or to the windshield, plus it's amplified, so it will get a better signal than just sticking an antenna under the dash or in the trunk. If you're interested I can point you in the right direction for one.

·
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the info. winters here time to do them projects to the cars you dont want to do in the summer. remember keep the shinney side up and the dirty side down . as if any of these cars get dirty.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I put one in like UPONASHELF which I got for less than $15.00 (I think), from Circuit City. You can hide it most anywhere.

·
Cobra Padawan
272 Posts
Why go radio when you can just throw in an iPod adapter for $50? I hate the crap they play on the radio and the crap commercials in between anyway. >=O

·
1,743 Posts

USC isn't on iPod yet and I had this thing about keeping "it" hidden. Of course hidden, at any price, didn't work worth beans. I was given this amplified unit by good buddy Freckles and stuck it in the trunk... problem solved, it is perfect.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,423 Posts
1HSC,

You have what I am considering. How does that unit perform? I am considering using just the radio version, and getting Satellite Radio....

·
Charter Member
1,249 Posts
I mounted a regular antenna behind my passanger seat. I tried the amplified antennas both under my dash and in the trunk. For some reason I did not get good reception at all. Since I installed the regular sized antenna (it is collapsible) I have had absolutely no problems. I purchased it in black and I do not feel it is noticable at all.

·
Charter Member
1,646 Posts
The antenna that 1HOTSC has is the same one I'm going to use.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts