Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Bluedee
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on my Daytona Spyder,, which is a gen one chassis. I am installing the radiator and brackets and trying to figure out if I am doing something wrong, my frame is bent at the front or factory fives bracket isn't right. The Griffen radiator I have doesn't seem to drop down far enough in the mount stirrups and I am left with a gap of 3/4 of an inch between the mounting ears of the bracket and the frame bar. I can make a shim and mount it but I am pretty sure this will change all of the relationship of the aluminum and the hood when closed.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and if anyone has run into this before.

Jim S

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Don’t forget to put some fuel hose on the bottom brackets before you put the radiator in. The strap does not have to go all the way to the frame, you can get it as close as possible.

HTH,

John

·
Bluedee
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don’t forget to put some fuel hose on the bottom brackets before you put the radiator in. The strap does not have to go all the way to the frame, you can get it as close as possible.

HTH,

John
Yes I have put the fuel hose on. I worked with it yesterday afternoon and was able to move the stirrups a little because the one looked out of position and that made the radiator drop some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts