Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for the best cooling application. I already have the EZ-Cool from Breeze but need a fan to complete it. What's works well. Extra large fan, Duel rear fans, Large fan with duel front fans... Also where you got your particular application.

Thanks,

Jeff

[ January 31, 2007, 11:42 AM: Message edited by: Jeff H ]

·
Premium Member
18,134 Posts
I use a good alum radiator. Got mine from Tri-States way back when. But any quality two core alum part is the best you can get.

Stock replacement water pump from autozone.

Stock mustang shroud. You must have a shroud to get the most out of your cooling system.

I used the fan supplied with the kit. This worked just fine most of the time. In the summer the temps would climb a bit at traffic lights. And I had a hard time keeping it cool at my one trip to the drag strip; maybe because the air temp was 98*. Once the sun went down and the air started to cool, it was fine. I think in a less radical motor, the kit fan would be fine.

This winter I upgraded to the better fan from FFR.

·
Junior Charter Member
1,335 Posts
Jeff

Try the Black Majic extreme fan. Comes with the shroud and pulls 3300 cfms thru the radiator. I could not find a fan that pulled more than this one. CFM's is what you are looking for. The lower the less air being pulled thru the radiator. I have a 351w and this works well on mine with the tristates radiator.

Gerry

·
Charter Member
1,098 Posts
I'm using a Flex-a-lite Electric Fan, Single, 16 in. Diameter, Reversible, 2,500 cfm, FLX-398. Purchased from Summit. http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX%2D398&N=400226+4294924500+4294839058+4294838842+115&autoview=sku
This is cooling a new 408W. It keeps the temp at the thermostat threshold in stop and go traffic. The automatic fan switch is set to cut it on about 97C (205F), but I have an override switch. If the fan is off and the temps get up to 95C and I turn the fan on, it takes just a few minutes to get the temp back to 82C (165F thermostat).
BE AWARE - it is a tight fit against the steering rack. It took some creative design to fit it in place with the deep shroud I purchased.
Robert

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys, that's just what I'm looking for. I just ordered the Flex-a-lite Black Magic Extreme from Summit. It should work perfect with the Breeze EZ cool pack I have.

Thanks again.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
I am running the ford racing 3 core unit and the fan supplied from FFR. Things have been good but at my one and only track day things actually stayed cooler than needed due to 45-55 degree day. I since added the t-stat to the fan with a manual override and have taken care of the under heating problem...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts