Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been beat to death but I have had it with the car running hot when in traffic.
Here's the set-up - 351/400+hp(carbed) - Tristates rad(alum), black magic extreme fan(3300cfm)with the shroud, 180 thermostat(hole drilled in the top), over 2500 miles on the car.
The car runs great temp on the highway at 180. I get stuck in traffic it starts to climb....a little at time but will get between 95-100C if stuck for over 10-15 minutes.The fan will suck a small dog in so it is pulling just fine.
My question - is there a radiator with more capacity/cooling than the tri-states? That rad core is about 2.25inches thick.
It gets hot here in the summer and this is no fun having to worry everytime I go out.I see Levy has a radiator...does anyone have the measurements? Is there any other source/suggestions?
Thanks for any help!
Gerry

·
Premium Member
9,698 Posts
A 2.25 core rad should cool it, assuming your engine is healthy. I don't know what the Black magic fan and shroud look like, but it should cover the entire radiator. Also look at the Breeze cowl cover, part number 70031. It covers the gap between the top of the radiator and the underside of the body. This forces all the air that enters the front to be forced through the radiator. On a 110º day, mine never gets over about 190º in traffic, then the fans come on and it cools down to about 180º. I have a dual fan and shroud that I got from Quality Roadsters. But I think they went out of business. John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.