Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The radiator duct aluminum and coupe radiator pieces (side left/right, floor) are a bit cryptic and upgrading the fan/shroud didn't help things. If anybody has any photos of their completed aluminum work up front, especially from below, it would really helpful. Thanks!
-Greg

·
Senior Charter Member
808 Posts
Here’s what I did. I added a small angle to the leading edge of the floppy connector piece as well as another larger angle to the rear of that piece , then I tied everything back to the center panel cause it wouldn’t connect otherwise. HTH

Attachments

·
Registered
377 Posts
After seeing too many pieces of radiator aluminum torn up from bottoming out on the road we cut off all of it that hangs down. We left a small lip to give the bottom piece some strength. Since you already have a fan shroud, that should more than make up for the lower piece. 1500 miles and no overheating issues here after installing a shroud.

Glen

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
After seeing the thin floppy piece across the bottom I pretty much bailed out on that piece. Instead I have been working on modifying the rear piece of the ducting, the piece that that joins the 2 big side pieces, such that the steps at the bottom of it are mostly straightened out and meet up with the bottom of the radiator. I also built an air guide in front of the radiator that’s attached to the nose that closes against the radiator. The trailing edge of the guide has bulb-seal on it where it seals against the radiator. This guide is a wide u-shape that starts at the top corner of the radiator, goes down to the bottom of the radiator, across to the other side and up to the top of the other side of the radiator. It mates up to the nose on the sides of the lower nose opening between the hole and the 2 reinforcement foam boards that are ‘glassed in. I also added 4 aluminum tabs for the air guide to attach to. Between the air guide in the front and the reshaped guide in the rear (and the shroud I built for the fan to attach to the radiator) I don’t think I should have any cooling issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts