Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just one more thing. I gotta stop. This hobby has turned into an addiction. I need to just paint the car and be done with it. (NEVER)! In an attempt to maximize the air flow thru the radiator I fabricated an air dam that bolts to the chassis radiator cross member. It clears the new FFR hood hinge/hood openning and closing with no problems. I may add some bulb seal along the body during final assembly after paint. I figure it would help the ram delta P at speed as long as the static temperature to get too high. Lets see how fast do I have to go for that to be a problem?
STD day Mach .2 on the deck, plus 4 degrees F, plus 0.4 PSIA. I think I'm OK.! ! ? ? I know, I'm trying too hard, It may not help the cooling all that much but I think it looks cool especially after I polish it up.. What do you think?
Bob Mac
FFR3981

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
Never stop!!!
....but get it painted already, would ya? :D

·
Charter Member
270 Posts
Mach 0.2 at STP is around 152mph! :eek:
If you're going that fast you've got other things to worry about besides your radiator air dam!

Chris E.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Bob, that looks great...I was just thinking of something like that yesterday...does it clear the hood edge easily, or is it real close?? Did you make a template first and then transfer it to the aluminum? Also, are you planning on some type of screen/mesh in front of the radiator? I need to cover up as much as I can of my radiator, as it is alum and the rest of the car is either black or red... My radiator looks a little "off color", hence the thought to cover it up from the top and from the front
Ken..

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Chrome it Bob!

Frank n Sons.

·
Charter Member
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Ken, I made a pattern out of cardboard. One simple 90 degree bend or close to it. I did have to tweek the bend angle slightly. Clears the hood with plenty of room to spare.

Hey Frank, that did pass my mind but it would delay me more??? what are you chroming lately? Do you have time to track my calender schedule? (maybe I could make another "fat lip" fixture and sell them) Pat's pushing me to make the reptile roundup in November! Great having spousal support.
She is probably just tired of me spending so much time in the garage.
Sorry Ken I got distracted buddy bantering.

Bob Mac
FFR3981

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.