Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to ask this as I know it's been covered, but the Forum's search function isn't working right for me still.
I have 8" PSEs and stock LCAs and I'm getting bad contact. I've ground all the lip off the offending area but they are still rubbing so I guess I'll go with the limiters.
So, can somebody give me the link to the old discussion or explain the process please?

·
Justa Member
1,225 Posts
Mike
They are small "C" shaped pieces. You take off the rubber boots on the rack and they snap on. The less travel you want the more you snap on. I might have a few extra's laying around (I'll Check) otherwise I rememeber someone saying you can make them out of PVC pipe.
OJ

·
FFCobra Fanatic
2,672 Posts
Mike - I think this is one of the threads about the clips. There's a picture of one near the bottom. And in case you're interested, Checkers doesn't sell them :( . I checked with them last weekend. Probably have to go online to find them.

·
Registered
9,941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just what I needed! I'll pop the boots off and see what size PVC I need, I have bucket full of the stuff out in the shed.

OJ, I released some fear the other day when a car ran a red in front of me, had to leave the windows open overnight.

·
Senior Charter Member
1,526 Posts
I'm using PVC also. After making mine, I read that someone else found their PVC cracked after awhile. If I ever have to replace mine, I'm gonna use some heater hose zip tied in place. It'll work just as well and never crack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts