Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife bought me a gift certificate to Bertyl Roos racing school for my b-day. Does anyone have experience with them, and can give feedback?

I'd love to do a racing school, but would also really like to run my Cobra on the track. I live in Southeast Pennsylvania. Anyone know where/when to get track time? I am currently an avid autocrosser, and would love to do more racing.

Steve

·
12,671 Posts
VIR has track time. NASA does this at several tracks. Also look up Second Strike. Their event at VIR could be to your liking.

Does your wife have a sister. Though id ask that before DINO does.

Actually my wife paid for our two days of track time at VIR May 18-19 with Second strike. Maybe shes not so bad after all.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Earl, I'll check it out. Guess I'll have to figure out how far VIR is from me. I live fairly close to Pocono Raceway and Nazareth Speedway. I wish they'd run events there. Road courses, that is. I can't imagine how fast the Cobra would run on the 2.5 mile tri-oval of Pocono. Probably fast enought that I'd need new underwear at the end. :eek:

My wife was so proud of herself for the idea. But she's terrible at hiding secrets. I knew about it several months ago. :cool: I think she's hoping that buying this for me will make me give in on the having children debate ;) . She wants them so bad, I'm not ready yet. The Cobra IS my baby. She does have a sister, but that's another story.

Steve

·
Registered
177 Posts
Steve, I used to live in Newtown Square. Check out the local BMW drivers schools in the area. We ran Pocono two years in a row and you drive your car. You drive turn three and an access road on the infield. (The Roos school was there with us on turn one and another infield access road). They usually go in late Sept/early Oct. The money was right as well - about $200 for the weekend. Mike Tillson Garage in Overbrook can hook you up with the Del Valley BMW group. You may also want to look into Car Guys Driving schools.

·
THRAMP-master
3,473 Posts
Klayfish -
I think she's hoping that buying this for me will make me give in on the having children debate . She wants them so bad, I'm not ready yet.
Exactly the same thinking here. Don't give in, man!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts