Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Junior Charter Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a TKO600 mounted onto a QT bell housing and wondered if this hole is suppose to be open like this or if I should make a cover for it. This mounted on chevy 5.3L if that matters.

JC

· Registered
566 Posts
so do I

I have the same exact set-up. The opening you point to, on my car, has a built in brace and has only small areas that are clearly open to the clutch. After 11,000 miles it has caused no noticeable problems...
Mike

· Banned
2,256 Posts
Mine is exactly like yours... open.
No problems after 3600 miles...

Sherrell

· Junior Charter Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maybe a stupid question but isn't there a risk of road debris getting in there?
That was my concern as well, but I guess not.

JC

· Snake Farmer
10,396 Posts
Maybe a stupid question but isn't there a risk of road debris getting in there?
Be my fear as well..With my luck I would drop a rivet down there while installing the tunnel cover..:w00t:

Perhaps a bit of mesh screen could be installed, or some thin sheet aluminum? "Personally", I just wouldn't be keen on an opening that size.

· Registered
3,619 Posts
Just an idea here but it might be for the purpose of venting some heat generated buy slipping the clutch as you start and stop during daily driving. Someone designed it this way there must be some reason for it, perhaps it is part of the manufactiring process?
CB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.