Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
152 Posts
I think the trunk is pretty good size, but you will have a hard time getting a spare tire in it. Maybe a donut.
Pete

·
Premium Member
18,103 Posts
It's pretty small. Carries just enough luggage for a week end, along with a patch kit and tool kit. Unless you're going to be doing a lot of touring, it's really not an issue. You just learn to be a better packer. Sort of like touring on a motorcycle. You quickly learn what you don't really need.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys

next question. Does anyone do a fully upholstered/carpet/leather interior or is the aluminum pretty popular?

chris

·
Senior Charter Member
293 Posts
Chris, I would say that most people finish their cars. Some wonderfully. As you do more researching I'm sure you will find some fantastic interiors. There are some that prefer the all aluminum look. It very racy and in my opinion, looks great. In the end, it is all up to you. You are the one building it. One thing with the all aluminum; if you plan to drive your car throughout the year get a heater. It can get pretty cold with just aluminum. Passenger side seat belts rattle against it and the car sounds louder in it. My $.02 Regards, Martin

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
this is a modified Mark 1 frame (took out the hoop to make upper area usable.. saved the aluminum sides to show off the cars appeal/skin

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Yes it's the battery box.. I have a red top optima in there.. made the box myself after buying the taylor unit which was WAY too tall..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Thanks Joe, I'll bet you made certain it was installed on the right side to offset the drivers' weight. Also, in the trunk for that added traction as opposed to under the hood, right? I'm considering putting mine in the trunk for those reasons, plus I have an excellent fiberglass box that I don't think will go under the hood. Considering the Opt. battery too, there're not cheap however.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
2,854 Posts
Ahhh yeah I put all that thought in to it.. :rolleyes:

Just wanted it safer than dangeling under the rear end as the stock FFR had it..

Red top optima's are on sale here for $79 not bad for what you get and it is a lot smaller than the stocker.. you can get smaller but this was a good compromise..

happy trails

1 - 13 of 13 Posts