Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I need to get front spindles from a 94-95 Mustang, my question is can I use spindles from a V6 car also, or only from the V8 GT. Not sure if they are different or not.

Rob.

·
Charter Member
1,319 Posts
V6 spindles work fine, I used SN-95 spindles for my car from a 95 V6 car. Calipers might be different, but if your getting new calipers anyways it doesnt seem to matter to the parts store (at least in my area). I took the single piston calipers into NAPA as cores (the cores are 80.00ea.!)and I received rebuilt PBR aluminum twin piston calipers which bolted right on and they work great.

·
Charter Member
312 Posts
They are EXACTLY the same!!!

Mark

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, that's all I needed to know. One more thing. Can I visually tell what a 94-95 SN-95 spindle looks like? I don't trust these yards around here, and I'm sure some joker will SAY they are off a 94-95, but they may not be. Afterall this is Miami people (SCAM City) Other than seeing the parts still attached to a 94-95 car, how can I tell if I'm getting the right part?

Hope you guys aren't sick of all my question, Rob.

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Not sure how much of the assembly you'll be getting, so I'll tell you a couple of differences. The Fox assembly will be 4 lug of course and SN95 will be 5 lug. The spindle on the Fox is tapered while the SN95 is straight, the hub and rotor are one piece on the Fox while the hub and rotor are separate pieces on the SN95. The end of the spindle on the Fox has a hole for the cotter key, while the SN95 doesn't. These should be enough so that they don't snow you. Doug

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Doug, I do know the difference between the Fox and SN-95. What I meant to ask was the visual difference between the 94,95 SN-95 spindles compared to 96 and above SN-95's. I just read my post and sorry I didn't clarify my question. Thanks, Rob.

·
Really Senior Member
540 Posts
Sorry Rob. I guess the easiest way to tell is the SN95's have a curved steering arm and the 96+ have a straight steering arm. There are a couple measurement differences too, but all I can tell you is that the 96+ assemblies will give you a little wider track, so I guess I'd stick with the steering arm. Doug

·
Charter Member
312 Posts
Rob,

I also researched the crap out of this and my neighbor and I each picked up a set of 1995 front spindles for $100 per set.

This link shows excellent pictures and all about the differences. I printed the pictures and took them with me as many people believe they are all the same. They are not. Also ask for the V6 spindles first. Many junk yards will sell the V8 models at a higher price because they believe it to be a performance part so to speak. It's really funny how the games are played. The well informed individual will not be taken advantage of. Also if they offer a receipt ask how much without a receipt. They were going to charge us $15 for the stupid receipt.

http://mjbobbitt.home.comcast.net/mustang/sn95brakes.html

Take Care
Markus

·
Senior Charter Member
568 Posts
Giff, do you know what the part number was for the PBR aluminum twin piston calipers that you got at NAPA?

·
601 Posts
Great info! Giff, If you dont mind me asking, what did you pay for the PBR calipers?

Thanks!
Mick

1 - 11 of 11 Posts