Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My headlights won't dim properly and I think I have a bad relay. When the headlights are on, they are on bright, and the dimmer switch will not cause them to change. The relay is clicking when I depress the dimmer switch and both high and low beam lights illuminate, but when I release the switch the high beams remain on and the low beam lights go out. I tested the relay and it seems that there is some continuity between the "S" connection and the 30 connection. It is not a completely closed circuit as my meter doesn't show zero, but instead shows 10 - don't know exactly the deal there, but it does tell me there is some kind of continuity.

I have a Tri-States turn signal assembly with the VW relay and I am using the my427SC.com wiring diagram. If I remember correctly I had them working correctly about a year ago. Can anyone confirm that there should be no continuity between those two posts on the VW relay unless the dimmer switch is depressed? I have confirmed that the dimmer switch is feeding a good ground to S on the VW relay. Please help me sort this out!!!

Cheers,
Shack

·
FFCobra Fanatic
3,378 Posts
I have about 13 ohms between the S and 30 terminal on my yet to be installed relay.

(This is the Napa version, believe it is the same).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts