Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2003-2004 NEW Cobra PBR Calipers and they are marked L & R. I know that stands for Left and Right. I just want to be sure that the Left is referred to the Driver side, and Right is Passenger, Correct? I'm pretty sure I got it right, just want to double check.

Thanks, Rob.

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Isn't it kind of weird for the brake bleeders to be on top? I thought they were usually on the bottom. This means when ever I bleed the brakes, the fluid is going to drip all over my Factory Red Powder Coat on the capliers.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Yep. On top of that, you have to rotate the caliper up with something between the pads when you bleed it. Otherwise, you can't get the air pocket out that's just above the bleeder valve.

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fed, what did you use to put in between when you bleed?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
They wouldn't bleed very well with the bleeders on the bottom.
-

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,830 Posts
Put a short length of rubber hose on the bleed screw, leading in to a container of brake fluid. no mess. ;)

·
Registered
11,825 Posts
I HAD THE SAME TWO QUESTIONS!

yeah was L and R left&right for driver & passenger side

and if so, why is the bleeder valve UP?

is this why chevy guys are always making fun of me?

·
FFCobra Captain
11,688 Posts
Rob...get some clear hose that fits just over the bleeder screw. Then when you open the bleeder and your friend pushes the brake pedal, you can see when the bubbles stop.

Others have had luck with the mighty vac, but it didn't work well for me.

·
OT Moderator
13,931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the advice guys. Wow those Cobra calipers sure do look pretty.

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
8,694 Posts
Regarding "L and R", just think of it as the driver's perspective when he is sitting in the car (facing forward!).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts