Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my 3link about 2 months ago and am now trying to install it. after checking faq and seeing the pictures on ffr site i understand now how it goes together , pretty simple actually. needless to say , no install instructions came with it. but anyway, on ffrs inst. on their site it says IF you will not be using the 4link again you can cut off the upper mounting bracket. i thought everyone was doing that reguardless. do i have to cut it off, if so , does it have to be flush with the 2x3 frame rail, or just close and add a spacer or 2 to lower the new bracket below the cutoff. boy if ffr included GOOD INSTRUCTIONS if any with the kit , it would be a no brainer.vince

·
FFCobra Fanatic
658 Posts
Vince, From what I understand the "old" upper braces come off for 1) cosmetic reasons and 2) apparently, the pax side bracket can/does interfere with the 3-link mount installation on the frame. I did the 3-link initially, so I only got the 3-link mounts with my frame...thanks.. :D

·
Administrator
9,772 Posts
You will need to cut the passenage side upper mount off. You need to make sure the new upper control arm is installed at a 90 degree angle to the axle. To do this, you will need to remove the old mount. I cut a hole in the aluminum behind the seat to access the old mount and cut it out.

Good luck.

Bill

1 - 5 of 5 Posts