Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm installing a Holley 4150 Street Avenger on a Ford dual plane aluminum intake on my 351W. A few questions

1. I'm using ARP carb studs. I should use anti-seize on the intake theads rather than blue Locktite- right?

2. Carb install sheet says 60-80 in/lbs (5-6.5 ft-lbs) on the carb studs/nuts. Is this correct for the Al intake?

3. No Locktite on carb-end of studs - right?

4. I'm using a pre-fabbed Russell #641271 carb dual feed assembly with integrated wire screen filter. I haven't removed the fuel bowl inlet fittings yet, but believe there are wire filters in each fuel bowl inlet? Should I remove them before I install the carb feed assembly since I have a 10 micron canister filter near the tank and the integrated screen filter on the feed assembly?

3. What type of thread lub / sealer should I use on the carb inlet fittings and the 1/8" NPT fitting for the fuel pressure gauge?

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,978 Posts
1. yep on the antiseize...
2. just hand tight using a very small wrench.. 5-6 ft/lbs sounds about right if you want to measure it.. snug is good, don't want to warp the carb base.
3. No locktite, you'll likely be removing it a bit if you're like me...
4. I'd leave 'em.. the more filters the less likely you'll get trash in the bowls and I doubt they'll affect flow enough to matter..
5. use teflon sealer on all npt fittings..

·
FFCobra Fanatic
12,975 Posts
No locktite. When you tighten the carb mounting nuts make them just a bit more then snug,no need to crank these down. Holley base plates are prone to cracking if overtightened. Usually won't find filters in the fuel inlets of the carb.If you do I would leave them unless you have some sort of flow problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts