Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,050 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What problems did you have with your build? Motor mounts need moved , drivesheft to rearend or any other problems ? Thanks.
I am considering powering my next Cobra with chevy power.
If this is posted in the wrong section please move.

·
Premium Member
6,654 Posts
Jeff,

You can ask anything that you like in the main forum!

There is a lot of information in the Chevy forum though so while I'll leave this topic here, a suggestion is that you might hit the 'other than ford Drivelines - Chevy section and turn the show topics to 'show all topics' and you'll see the posts that you're lookin' for!

In short though, plan on fabricating something for each place the engine interfaces with the car. none of it is hard but the headers will probably take you the most time.

You'll be doing:

Engine mounts
Trans mount
headers
driveshaft
radiator hoses
etc.

Don't let this scare you at all though... It's great to have the engine you want in the car you built!

R :D

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Jeff, I'll be going down that route myself and everything I've read has lead me to the conclusion that it is all pretty minor and simple EXCEPT FOR THE HEADERS. I'm going to ask FFR to leave my motor mounts off (as well as the tow hooks, but for other reasons).

Mike

·
Charter Member
1,765 Posts
Might want to drop a line to Bob Zook. He should be able to give you a lot of insight into what's required. Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts