Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of fitting my pedals to my MKIII. I'm using an 87-93 pedal assy and will use a cable actuated clutch set-up.
Questions:
How much pedal travel is required or recommended for proper operation?
Are clutch quadrants different dimensionally for different applications? I have a BBK quadrant that came with the pedals and it appears larger than others I've seen.
Do the cables stretch alot? And will the pedal travel need to change ( or does it change) when the cable stretches?
Will I be able to take up slack as the cable ages with a cable adjuster?
Thanks
Jeff

·
3,760 Posts
Hi Jeff. Are you using a firewall-mounted adjuster? If so, you should be able to adjust for both cable stretch and, over time, normal clutch wear. During installation, set the adjuster to it's "tightest" position -- that is, give yourself maximum room to effectively make the cable housing itself longer, to accomodate the stretched cable.

Can't answer your question about the quadrant. I bought Mike Forte's, didn't give it another thought.

HTH.

AJ

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks AJ. That was weird...somehow my thread got split into two different threads.. :confused:
I'llprobably get all the stuff I need from Forte. Talk to ya
Jeff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.