Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Sr FFR builder
5,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed plenty of finished snakes lately WITHOUT bumpers and have to ask-

1) Is this legal? If so, I'm game cause it looks so damn hot and lets face it, I can't see the quickjacks or even the overriders doing diddly to prevent any real damage to the car.

2) Anyone know if the "Sans-Bumper" setup is legal in Florida?

3) If you elect NOT to get the body cutout option from FFR, are the bumper holes and/or mounting holes ALSO just traced? This would be very convenient if so since I want to eliminate the side bolts anyway. Plus since I am going with under the car exhaust and possibly no roll bar or full width, this would be even more beneficial.

[ June 07, 2007, 04:37 PM: Message edited by: Sinatra Fan ]

·
Going nowhere fast.
19,728 Posts
Quick jacks, even without over riders don't really function as bumpers. It will probably depends on the state. 1965 requirements here in Arizona.

It's hot as hell, esp. with the holes filled. I like clear marker llids as well. I'm thinking about no side vents as wellbut with hood louvers.

Mike

·
Registered
267 Posts
Dan,
I built my FFR kit and registered it as a kit in Seminole County, FL. The kit did not come with bumpers, just fake jack points that are a hazard. So, I did not install them. None of the officers I have encountered have had any issue with me not installing the "probes" that came with the kit.

·
Junior Charter Member
805 Posts
I had SRP fill all the quickjack holes on my car I figure there are alot of hotrods without bumpers so why not

·
Charter Member
215 Posts
I actually had a soccer mom roll into my Cobra parked in front of the school the FIRST day I drove my son to school. I was shocked and feared for the worse. Turns out the van hit my quick jacks and stopped
Not a scratch. Mine are staying on forever :D

·
Charter Member
1,326 Posts
Hey Quik can you post picks of the rear hidden mounts?

Scott

·
Registered
523 Posts
I told the dmv inspectors that that was how some of the originals were sold, and in Utah the car only needs the equipment that was on it when the original was sold. That is why my 67 block only needs a pcv valve and not the rest of the emmissions stuff

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,041 Posts
If I ever paint my car again (and I'm sure I will) there will no quickjacks or holes.Once I saw Garage Freaks car I've been kicking myself for not thinking of that before paint.Oh well, next time.
Mike

·
Shade Tree Mechanic
14,333 Posts
Yea I second that color, that has to be the coolest "orange" I've ever seen.

·
Junior Charter Member
805 Posts
Thanks guys For the comments .The codes are not available to me they are a victory motorcycle color called nuclear sunset
Sam

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.