Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Mark owner of #57 here. It has to be said that me and my mechanical genius who is helping me and doing most of the build at the moment are struggling with this kit. The usual things, fuel tank and filler, roll over bars, battery location, etc. We are spending what we consider to be and unreasonable amount of time and money fixing issues that should have been engineered out by Factory Five.

Anyway, my question today is about the height of the body relative to the frame at the rear of the car. This is considered critical by said mechanical genius so he can make the fuel filler/tank work and mount the rubber grommet damped custom rear body mounts.

Any data or opinions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi folks,
Mark owner of #57 here. It has to be said that me and my mechanical genius who is helping me and doing most of the build at the moment are struggling with this kit. The usual things, fuel tank and filler, roll over bars, battery location, etc. We are spending what we consider to be and unreasonable amount of time and money fixing issues that should have been engineered out by Factory Five.

Anyway, my question today is about the height of the body relative to the frame at the rear of the car. This is considered critical by said mechanical genius so he can make the fuel filler/tank work and mount the rubber grommet damped custom rear body mounts.

Any data or opinions on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Can you post a pic of the rubber grommet damped custom rear body mounts?
I put my battery in the trunk, for ease of access and the fact that I filled that hole with a sub woofer box. I am also mounting the fuel fill out side of the trunk on the body. There are issues, but it's a kit! Have fun with it, dont get frustrated. I know it's easier said than done sometimes.

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Rear body height

It would be nice if the lower side sills "rockers" matched up with the frame rails but that is just not that easy. Although it would make good practice it is not to be. You MUST use the manual recommendations and start with the firewall and the door sills and the rear tin stuff in order to get the doors,trunk lid and trunk tin to fit without alterations. Sorry for the Bad News!
Dan
Measurements would sure be Nice!

·
EFI Rules and Carbs Drool
2,018 Posts
No offense, but why? The rest of the body is rigidly mounted so why have the back part rubber mounted? The frame is extremely rigid so no rubber isolation is needed. There is some flex in the back half of the body, that's why it's important it be mounted rigid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts