Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Junior Charter Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just realized today that I have pin drive width LCAs (which I want), but not the pin drive spindle adapter bracket. My questions are, how bad is this, and how the hell do I remove the adapter from the UCA? Put a piece of wood in it and try to knock it off the UCA with a hammer?

·
Junior Charter Member
308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, I now realize that I do need to get a different adapter bracket. Does anyone have a better way to remove the adapter bracket from the upper ball joint other than a hammer and 2x4? I definitely don't want to damage anything.

·
Senior Charter Member
138 Posts
Others might have a more elegant solution to this Gus, but I have always had success with hitting the piece the ball joint or tie rod end is inserted into with a BFH. The shock and vibration will make it just fall off. Works every time and helps relieve fustrations. Also, when I put my adapter brakets on I had a hard time getting the socket inside the new bracket as the nut tightened. I put a washer under the nut and reduced its travel up inside the adapter enough that I could tighten it with no problem. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts