Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Very close to making a decision to purchase the Premium Top from FFR. I know there are two options available when ordering the top. One is the rear window that can be zipped open to allow for ventilation. The other is the rear quarter window option. If I order the top I am for sure getting the opening rear window. Currently undecided about the rear quarter window option. Is it worth the extra $100.

Thanks
Doug

·
Senior Charter Member
3,595 Posts
Doug, we run the hardtop and my addition of the quarter windows DRASTICALLY improved the safety of driving. Others with a soft top will chime in, but I suggest spending the $100.

Additionally, if you don't have the windshield mounted mirror, get some opinions. I have a larger (Autozone) mirror mounted to my hard top and turn down the dash mirror because it is inadequate when folks get close. Just something else to think about.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Is it worth the extra $100.

Thanks
Doug
If Avalanche325 or John4337 were online right now, they would tell you YES!! You're spending a large amount of money on the Premium Top, get the BEST visability that you can. I've discussed this with a few guys before the rear quarter window option was offered, and they wish they had it.

Spend the $100. :)

Dave

Reactions: Bobby Doug

·
Charter Member
1,564 Posts
Yes! I have only had my top for this driving season but can say the quarter windows are a must. They really help with lane changes. I use the rear window zipper feature frequently for ventilation.

It is an amazing piece of engineering.I hit a lot of heavy rain touring Montana/Yellowstone and it kept me dry! No buffeting/flutter at 80 mph driving.

Geoff

·
Registered
621 Posts
If Avalanche325 or John4337 were online right now, they would tell you YES!! You're spending a large amount of money on the Premium Top, get the BEST visability that you can. I've discussed this with a few guys before the rear quarter window option was offered, and they wish they had it.

Spend the $100. :)

Dave
Dave is spot on, we use our top a lot, and wish both options had been available when we got ours. The top is probably the best investment we’ve made in the car (although the A/C is close) and has allowed us to travel. 2 7-8 day trips totaling 4500 miles this year, and another multi day road trip this month. I would definitely go for both.

Safe travels

John

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gentlemen,
Thanks for the responses. I will be adding the rear quarter window option.
Oh, and thanks for spending some more of my money.>:) :wink2:

Doug

·
Registered
531 Posts
Yes

It definitely improves your view.

The top is great. I put mine on once and did not take it off for 2 years.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,915 Posts
As Dave said. Definitely do the quarter windows! They are a big help with visibility.

Here is one tip for the roll down window. Do not just roll it down and let it sit on the rear deck. I have a big microfiber towel that I lay on the trunk. I then pull the window out onto the towel, flip the rest of the towel over the window, roll it all up, then tuck it back inside. That way there is only towel on the paint.

I got the towel from https://www.chemicalguys.com

My top goes on for pretty much the entire summer to keep from baking in the sun. It has also kept me out of the rain more times than I can count.

·
Charter Member
1,564 Posts
Good tip!
Another one for the rear window - don't just unzip the top of the rear window and leave it with the velcro attached on the sides. I did that, and at first glance it looks like it opens a few inches at the center/top of the window for partial ventilation. I was all proud of myself until I saw the wear marks on the window and roll bar where it came to rest...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts