Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in the Lobaks, but after looking at their design I'm worried they will cause a performance loss in comparison to the FFR exhaust.

[Has/will] anyone do a rear wheel dyno comparo?

Also,

Has anyone looked into using a DYNOMAX (made by walker) 23.5" long by 4in diameter "bullet" muffler? Summit PN WLK-24219. They are $37 each and look VERY similar to a stock FFR style side exhaust.--Will the 4"dia opening on each end work? --I'd be interested in trying these as I've had good experiences with other walker exhaust products in the past.

Anyone?

·
Charter Member
1,495 Posts
If you want to run a wide open exhaust, that is what you will have after about 1500 miles. You do need some back pressure. The Lobaks will give you this. My stock FFR exhaust sounds terrible on downshifts. Popping and sputtering does not sound good to me. JMHO Mike

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Here are my Pros/Cons.
I've got 4900 miles on my FFR mufflers. They rattled on deccell within 1500 miles but were repaired with self tapping screws. I have a bumpy cam and often get compliments over the blub-blub idle . The Lobaks also give you the cam pulse. Guys who hear my FFR spin up say it sounds awesome. When I spin it over 4K it is loud . When I lay it all out the pipes do not rattle they roar!! Personally the loudness is starting to wear on me. I use small foam ear plugs when I drive the highway to meet guys. I like the idea of lower backpressure..especially at higher revs. If I had the pipes raw again I would definitely try turning the tips down a bit. Then again having been there, once I started cutting I think the Lobaks would go in.

·
Former Roadster Owner
1,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by Aaron Silidker:
I believe the lobacks had better dyno numbers when someone dynoed them.
Aaron,

That would be great news--but can you provide a link as I'd love to examine the results myself. I've been keeping my eyes open on this topic and I haven't seen any post with BEFORE/AFTER dyno comparo's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.