Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
My donor finaly arived and I began taking it apart today. My question is if i'm going the carb route do I need any of the wire harnes out of the donor. It would be nice to skip this part of it if its not needed.

Thanks in advance for your reponse.

·
Premium Member
12,393 Posts
If you order a carbed kit from FFR, you will receive a Painless 12 circuit harness. You won't need the donor harness, althought you might be able to sell it if you don't damage it.

Happy motoring

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
I think i got around $500 for EFI stuff anf all wire harness. it's a pain to take out but do it! $500 is free rear coil overs!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Keep the plug for the fuel sending unit where it plugs into the sender in the tank. If your using the gauges out of the donor you may need the plugs for those. I also used the plug on the alternator. That's all I can think of needing off it but I'm probably forgetting something. Hopefully others will think of other things.

·
FFCobra Fanatic
762 Posts
good advice. I had to go back to a junkyard for those connectors, but they where cheap.

Just something to think about. If you sell the harness most people I talked with would rather have an un cut harness. If you can get the connectors from a u pull it I would.

Figure out what your going to do for fuel supply, I used an intank pump so I needed the pump connector also.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you,

I appreciate the help. Their not many People in Alaska that are doing this Kind of thing, I would not of even thought about doing this until I found the forum. Well back to work. Have a good day.

john

·
Senior Charter Member
321 Posts
Johnny5 got to ask if you don't mind how much is shipping to Alaska? I wonder who has the long distance award for building a FFR the farthest away? I have to get back to the garage : )

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Shipping for the donor from Wisconson to seattle was free. The kid drove it to seattle for me. I had to pay from seattle to ketchikan, ak, that was $370.00. As far as the kit I'm waiting untill I have all the part done and ready, then I will order the kit. The way I see it i will end up costing me about $1870.00 to get the kit here. That $1500.00 from the factory and $370.00 from seattle on the barge.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello,

This year it is going to be about 1550.00 per family member. Last year it was 1700.00 and the year before 1900.00. sure is nice though. You can bet I will use some of it this year for parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts