Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=AGR%2D809102&N=700+4294843913+4294908331+115&autoview=sku

one of the last things left....

the pump is shot, very loud, much more than normal. the steering wheel shakes, too. the guy at Autozone said he'd replace it becuase it has a lifetime guarantee.

you can see in my photo that the Autozone pump has a nice black plastic housing. the ones they stock now are mostly the black spray-painted "remanufactured" style. i keep checking back for stock, but no nice ones.

he said he'd give me my $80 back, so maybe i will spend a few extra $ and just get a brand new one.

the question is: can the one from summit still be taken apart to do the spring mod?

any vendors sell a pump? maybe i can support them.

·
Blue Oval Scribe
9,177 Posts
Why not just get the pump from Autozone and swap reservoir housings? The housing is simply held on with the pressure fitting and an o-ring on the pump body. Unscrew the pressure fitting and carefully pull/tap the housing off. Swap them around and you're good to go. Some places even sell the pump sans-housing and you have to reuse yours...

You can also get the chrome housing cover (just for the upright tube section) and chrome cap from a late model Mustang vendor to improve the looks as well...

Like on ours:

HTH...
Mark

·
Gelcoat Driving Maniac!
4,373 Posts
Eddie,

Forte told me that other day that he sells a power steering pump. I didn't get into details, but you may want to contact him.

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mustang man

that's a great idea. i will stop by autozone and look at their pump on the counter... see what's involved

thanks, forum!

·
Registered
11,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
UGH. i went to five (5) Autozone's last night. all the pumps they stocked had the metal part of the pump spray painted also.

that sucks, switching the housing was a great idea.

i don't want to spend any more money so i will keep looking.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Eddie,

I bought the AGR pump from Summit and am well pleased with the appearance and quality. I did not do any spring mod. I have a Heidt's valve installed but normally run it wide open.

Cheers,

Rick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.