Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I can't make any absolute guarantees at this point, it looks like there is a very high probability that the quarter window scoops that you have all been looking for that Thomas#142 used to make will become available again soon. I just wanted to put this out there since I have seen several posts and had several email/phone requests for them in the past few months.

For those who are not familiar, they are the quarter window scoops that are installed on this car:

VRSW GTM #12

I'll update this thread when I know more.

·
Junior Charter Member
658 Posts
I plan on shipping the scoops to Shane today so he can make the moulds. :cool: This is my way of paying it forward for all the help and support that this forum has provided to me. :D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have been thinking of trying to make some sort of scoops. I definitely would be putting in an order if you make them available.

·
Premium Member
12,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moulds are made and ready to produce parts. If you would like to place an order, please send me an email at the address at the top of this page (not a forum PM):

Custom GTM Parts

The Quarter Window Scoops are listed in the "Body Mods, Louvers, Heat Management" section about 3/4 of the way down...right above the "Wing Window NACA Ducts".

Quarter Window Scoops

Many THANKS to ChevyChad for sending me his set of scoops to make this all happen!

·
Junior Charter Member
658 Posts
Nice touch with extending the mould to accommodate variability of individual bodies! This is the chance that so many have been waiting for!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, Shane this will be one of those that I believe will be one of the many parts that you provide that I will be adding to my build cost. Love the parts I have already received.

Steve

·
Junior Charter Member
658 Posts
This may be worth posting here for reference material.. Here is a pic of the cutout you need to make, and the one you will need to fill. (Sorry, i dont remember who i "borrowed" this picture from because i saved it a very long time ago, but thanks to whoever took this excellent picture and shared it!) Shane has gone above and beyond in providing the patch panels to fill the existing window cutout. Top notch stuff, sir!

*edit: found some good info: http://www.ffcars.com/forums/42-factory-five-gtm-forum/262954-side-window-scoop.html (This is also where I got that pic from)

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts