Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We're ready to begin production on our new fuel injection system. We are going to start offering the system to forum members first. Later, we'll expand into other markets, but for right now, I'm going to concentrate on the FFR faithful. I'd like to get everyone who has been waiting so patiently taken care of, and then I'll move on to other markets.

I'd like to get an idea how many systems to make for our first batch, so we're taking orders. For now, were going to sell a system that replaces an existing Ford system, and uses your existing wiring, computer, injectors, etc. The system will include...

(1)intake manifold (your choice of Torker II or Victor Jr.)modified to accept the fuel injectors and fuel rails
(2)fuel rails and mount kit
(3)our 4 bbl throttle body complete with Ford IAC and TPS
(4) our mass air meter designed to hide inside the air cleaner or to use as a spacer under the air cleaner, calibrated for your injector size.

A system for a 302 with Torker II will cost $1600, and for a 351W the cost is $1650. Add another $50 to those prices for the Victor Jr.

Later we will be offering a complete package that will include everything needed to install mass air fuel injection for those who are doing a no donor build or want to convert from carbureted.

Pictures of the system can be seen on our website. www.qualityroadsters.com For those who haven't heard...The idea is a mass air fuel injection system that has the vintage look of a 4bbl carbureted system, with none of the tuning hassles associated with a typical aftermarket fuel injection system. Because it is mass air, there will be no tuning, no laptop, no dyno, no hassle. Just bolt it on and go.

Please e-mail me at [email protected] to order. Please include your name, shipping address and phone number, engine size, injector size, and specify Torker II or Victor Jr. We will e-mail a confirmation of your order.

Thanks everyone for your support on this. It's been a long road, but it's finally here!

[ June 17, 2004, 04:09 PM: Message edited by: Quality Roadsters, Inc. ]

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Hey Chris, Elie here in Montreal....I was wondering, have you dyno'd this setup yet?

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
slocobra,

The air meter will be calibrated when you recieve it.

Elie,

Not yet. What we have done is flowed it on a bench. It will support 500hp naturally aspirated with up to 42lb injectors. Obviously it will do more with forced induction. I'm not sure dyno testing is even worthwhile for two reasons. (1) we know what it will support, and (2) we know what the rpm characteristics are for the manifolds already. Remember, horsepower is created in the cylinder heads, and with the help of the cam. An intake manifold and throttle body need to be sized properly for your engine, but they do not create horsepower...they allow it. Since we already know what the components will do, I don't think it's really necessary, but we'll do it anyway, because I know you horsepower junkies will want to see it!

Dyno results to come...

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
2,078 Posts
I saw it at the open house, it is a very nice looking system.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi David,

Two of them. A 347 stroker, and a 408 stroker. One with a Victor and one with a Torker. They run fine. No street time yet, but soon. I won't send out a single system until both of them have had a lot of time on the road. There is no reason it should not work great out there in the real world, but I want to make sure. If I'm wrong, I'll work it out, or I'll return every deposit.

If you want to try it in your car, I'll send you one. If it doesn't work out, just send it back. Sounds like a great way to test it out!

[ June 16, 2004, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Quality Roadsters, Inc. ]

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No problem on a 302. There is plenty of room. The 351W setup is not 100% confirmed yet, but I've taken measurements and ordered an air cleaner that should allow us to run it on a 351W with a Torker II. I'll get back to you on that one. It should fit fine but I want to see it in place before I say yes.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
One other thing I forgot to mention. We will also sell the components separately. That means if you have an existing system,( eldelbrock pro-flo, holley commander, accel dfi ) and you are less than satisfied with it's performance, we can fix it. Their intake manifolds, fuel rails, injectors, etc. are fine. It's the management systems that leave much to be desired. You can purchase only the parts you need from us to convert to Ford mass air. If you have an edelbrock system, you'll need our mass air meter, and a wiring harness and computer. If you have one of the others, you will also need our throttle body. I've received many e-mails complaining about the performance of these systems. Here's your solution!

·
Charter Member
625 Posts
Chris, this sounds really good, even if I haven't yet made up my mind.

When you talk about HP gains I can add some information. A friend, who has a track only Mustang, took a Victor Jr. and added injection ports in the same way you did (but before you ;) ). For that aspect of his changes he claims he gained about 50 HP. He says that it was very noticable but I don't know what it did for his track times but I'll get more information and share it with you as a reference for your dyno effort.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've spent the better part of the day experimenting with our new system on the 347 stroker. Here's the combo... AFR 185 heads, high lift camshaft, Victor Jr., 42lb injectors, etc.

So I'm adjusting timing, setting the idle speed, all that fun stuff, when it occurs to me... Not once has this thing surged, not once. Anyone who has modified a fuel injected engine knows what I'm talking about. When the engine is cold, before it goes into closed loop, they surge. Once it's warmed up, they're fine, but until then, they surge. It's the one thing I've always disliked about EFI. It's a small price to pay for all the benefits of EFI, but it always bothered me.

With the combination I've got on this engine, it should surge like crazy. I mean, there is NOTHING on this engine that likes low rpm, and yet, it runs great! Throttle response is fantastic, and it idles nicely. I've spent a limited amount of time on the road, but so far, there are no driveability issues at all. I mean, I thought I would need to do something. When you start all new from the ground up, something has to go wrong, doesn't it? Not so far!

My time on the road has been limited, (about 2 hours), but I don't see what could possibly come up, as far as problems go, that would not have already come up. I will, of course, go do some more road time. I'm enjoying riding around and playing with my new toy anyway, so why not?

Next we'll be playing around with forced induction. More to come...

[ June 17, 2004, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Quality Roadsters, Inc. ]

·
Senior Charter Member
293 Posts
If you are looking for a guinea pig I am the one.. I have a fairly stock 302 in FFR 1546. The stock heads were ported and polished, MSD 6A ign. and a B cam. everything else is stock. This is my only car and drive it daily to work and wherever I go everyday... I currently have 25K miles on the car and climbing. Although I dont have $1600 to plunk down right now, I will be able to put about 2-300 miles on the system weekly. I am actually contemplating AFR 165's, 4 into 4's, and Cobra Valve covers. (all in due time of course) I am extremely satisfied with my FFR having gone through gruling miles day after day after day. Other than some rattles and squeaks from a hand built car, it is great. My girlfriends BMW has more problems.. I consult a great mechanic here in NJ, John Sawyer from Malouf Ford and proud owner of an FFR who has been a great help to me over the last 2 years. If this system passes his approval and the amount of time I have behind the wheel in ALL conditions, then this system is truly worthy of reliable road use!!!! My e-mail has changed and not yet updated. The new address is : [email protected] or [email protected].. Either one is fine. let me know if your system is up for the test!!!!

·
1,123 Posts
I beleive that after talking with Chris at the open house and today on the phone that this is ONE GREAT vendor. Very professional and helpful!!!! By the way, I put my money where my mouth is and bought Chris's system today. Can't wait to finish the car!!!!!

·
Senior Charter Member
293 Posts
well it was worth the try. I knew the answer going into it but, damn, what a great suprise if it worked out. Actually, I should be in the morkaet around September or October. I am also saving for other items and PS wheels and new tires. I hope to have many items changed and upgraded this winter.. This is what I have been waiting for!!! Thanks Quality!! Talk to you and order from you soon. mert

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Chris, I suggest you get one of your systems out West. Demo it on a proven FFR that runs Snakes in September, sea level to 12,000 feet, and the following month COCOA and Las Vegas. If it performs as you suggest without a laptop in the passenger seat, you would have, in my opinion, a proven winner.

Roger

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Given that it uses the stock Ford wiring and processor, which we already know work perfectly in all conditions, I don't see how it could possibly be any problem at all. The processor will use the BAP sensor in my system just as it does on the factory system. So far, I have five systems sold to forum members in California (2), Texas, Arizona, and Utah. Any volunteers? I really don't think the test is necessary, but it sounds like a good time!

I'd say all the production mass air Mustangs running around out there without laptops is proof enough. Changing the configuration of the intake manifold and throttle body will not affect the processor's ability to adapt.

If anyone buys a system and is unhappy with it for ANY REASON, you can return it for a full refund. I'm willing to bet I don't get a single return.

My philosophy is simple. Don't give anyone any reason to complain, and they won't. It's served me well so far.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts