Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand the alignment process for our cars may need additional TLC than a standard passenger car. Any recommendations out there in the LA/OC county areas?

Thanks,

Tony W.

·
Senior Charter Member
2,501 Posts
Do it yourself Tony. Get a pole position fastrax.
http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/polpos.htm
When I was looking for alignment places I got the same advice. I was hesitant but I am so glad I did it myself. It was really easy to do.

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
try Rocky at Cobra R in Upland. My car's with him now

·
6,332 Posts
If you have IRS do it yourself, expecially so if you're working with the shims for camber and toe adjustment instead of the fancy adjustable rear control arms. The fronts are a toss up. You can do it yourself and if you don't like the results you can always take it to a shop to tweak it for you. Just pick a place that's not too modern that can work with the specs you provide rather than only by feeding in the year and model of the vehicle. Also be sure you can get up on their rack.
Frank

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
A&F automotive in Hesperia is quite knowledgeable when it comes to aligning these cars. They did a great job on my car. (760)244-0334

·
Senior Charter Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm running a 3link in the rear. From what I can see the camber/castor is not adjustable. Is this correct? If so, Paul's suggestion seems like a good idea.

·
2,990 Posts
Tony,

This place is way south of where you are but I had my car aligned here and so did Mike “Fordguy”. It cost me $34.00 and it’s a huge improvement over my own alignment. I didn’t think it was going to be that big of a difference but it was.

Miller’s Alignment and Brake
1601 South Street
Long Beach, CA 90805
(562) 422-9037

·
Senior Charter Member
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the info Jeff. I work in Cerritos which is not too far from LB.

·
2,990 Posts
Tony,

Call them first to make sure they have time. Some days they are swamped and some days not. They are only open Monday thru Friday 7:30 to 5:30. They will let you drive it onto the rack and then test drive it when they are done. Wait for the car to be done. I would not just leave it. Make sure when you test drive it that the steering wheel is straight. If not they will adjust it. Mine was not exactly straight so I had them tweak it a little. Give them the specs you want for the alignment. You can get the ones FFR recommends out of the manual.

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
Porter's alignment in Redondo Beach.....he specializes in performance cars....and has done many, many cobras..did mine and it is absolutely perfect!! let me know if you need the number.
fred z

·
Registered
3,039 Posts
Fred, Could you post the phone number if possible? I found Porters Alignment on google but there is no phone number.

PORTER'S ALIGNMENT INC
577 MARY ANN DR
REDONDO BEACH

·
FFCobra Owner
865 Posts
Ok....for those needing a great, and very professional alignment man.
Pat Porter, Porter's Alignment, Redondo Beach.
310 379 4470.
If you do call.....please let him know I referred you! He is a good guy and i want him to know i sent you. I have not had any issues with his work, and he stands behind it 100%.
don't know his charge.....but with this car....shouldn't matter...you can't save on safety and perfection!!
good luck....

fred z :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts