Factory Five Racing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Victor EFI intake with no PVC port, (5.0 engine). And the FMS aluminum cobra valve covers. Are there breather caps that have the PVC in them. Or is there an inline PVC valve setup? I thought I would put the PVC valve between the valve cover and the throttle body.

Thanks

Dick

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,399 Posts
There are rubber grommets that fit into your breather hole, then the pcv fits into that, then a hose to your intake. The other valve cover should have a hose to your air intake(air cleaner). This can be just another grommet or a fill cap with hose fitting. Now you will have a "closed " crankcase vent system which is what you want.
Marc A

·
FFCobra Fanatic
1,717 Posts
Richard,

On the rear of your manifold you should find a hole of about 3/4" diameter. This is where the PCV valve goes and connects to vacuum. There should be a nipple on both your passenger side valve cover and your throttle body. You connect these two ports. You will also need to connect the vacuum canister to a vacuum source as well.

Ben

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Marc and Ben. Ben, my intake does not have the 3/4 inch port for the PCV valve. And I am still confused a little. Don't I have to run a tube from the throttle body to the valve cover? Should I put the PCV in this circuit? Doesn't the other valve cover needs a fresh air supply? If this is correct, could I just use a cap on the valve cover that has a filter in it, and not run a line to the air cleaner?

Thanks

Dick

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anybody else help me with this?

Dick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.