Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m torn between power steering or not. I love the natural feel of the road. I’m plenty strong enough to turn going slow. But it is a comfort that I would do if I could do it some what “cheap” I plan on putting in a coyote with the mt82 with the shifter mod from formcars. I see that I can get a PS swap kit for $800+. Could I put a 93 mustang Gt PS rack in now and if I decide to keep it manual I’ll be good or I’ll have to convert to power? I don’t want to drop $200 on a rack then 6 months down the road can not use it.

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
While I personally haven't done it, many have posted that running a powered rack manually is one of the worst setups possible for steering. Based on that, not recommended. Regarding PS, once again effort is the only thing you mention. The primary reason many of us do PS is the increased caster it allows and how much it improves the overall driving experience. The car tracks and centers much better with the nearly doubled amount of caster you can dial in with PS. I've had both and the difference is significant.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While I personally haven't done it, many have posted that running a powered rack manually is one of the worst setups possible for steering. Based on that, not recommended. Regarding PS, once again effort is the only thing you mention. The primary reason many of us do PS is the increased caster it allows and how much it improves the overall driving experience. The car tracks and centers much better with the nearly doubled amount of caster you can dial in with PS. I've had both and the difference is significant.
wow I didn’t know that it was that much more caster that can be added. I don’t mind the money if there is justification. Like double the caster. But putting PS just because it’s easier to drive isn’t one to me.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.