Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,806 Posts
What troubleshooting did you do to determine that the push rods were the cause of your "no start" issue? I assume you replaced them because you thought they were worn. They would have to be extremely worn to cause an engine not to start. As any valve train components wear, the hydraulic lifters expand to take up the "slop".

·
FFCobra Fanatic
5,542 Posts
Give us a little background on your combo and what problems you are encountering. Do you have adjustable rockers or pedestal mount. What engine, cylinder heads, camshaft etc. That way we can give you some better advice.

Mike

·
Junior Charter Member
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a 302,Hydrolic cam 244 Duration @518 lift,Edelbrock heads,10-1 pistons,Airgap Manifold,Harland Sharp roller rockers.When I first built engine, it seemed to be fine.One day,it didn't start.I pulled off my valve covers and found that my pushrods were bent.I rechecked them with a pushrod lengh adjuster and a permanent black marker.Marked top of valve tip with marker turned motor till I was on the heel of the cam lope.I used zero lash then tightened rockers a half turn.Now engine feels a little too tight when I turn motor over by hand.Could or do rockers not allow engine to run if their too tight?Someone out there please help! :confused:

·
FFCobra Fanatic
522 Posts
I'm probably not the one that should get involved with this thread, but I will give it a try.

How long was the engine running before you found the bent push rods?

How many push rods were found bent? and did they bend because of the wrong length or did your valves contact the piston? If yes, you may have other problems, may be bent valves or piston damage.

have you checked your compression, spark, fuel?

Go Fast

1 - 5 of 5 Posts