Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I have an idea. Everyone keeps talking about a new build manual that is more accurate and details everything, etc. How about this:

Someone (Shane or other Vendors) offers specific pieces of the manual "FOR SALE". So for example, just as FFR offers a PDF of the manual for $10, offer tank "installation / crossover" instructions for $4.

Give me color photos, detailed info about how it's completed, how your specific "crossover kit" fits in. FUEL TANK INSTALL FOR DUMMIES!

I would pay for something like this every time I ran into an issue. You would have labor into it one time and just collect on the back end.

Just let me know when they are available:)

Thanks!!!!

Bob

·
Registered
16,319 Posts
If you develope something like this, as has been done before, two things become apparent very quickly. 1) The profits of doing this are nill. As in yuo won't even pay for your costs, because people will just share the videos and not buy many from the original producer after a very short period of time. Not that many of us require profits from our hobby, but if you are gonna ask someone to take time and effort to create this stuff, they should at least be able to pay their costs. 2) While a good video can cover a lot of ground and get through to a lot of people, there will still be many that need SPECIFIC help with what their problem is.

These things are well documented and are the primary reasons for the specialized online tutorials that teachers are now beginning to offer on line. I think what we have here on this forum is actually a pretty good mirror of those efforts, but in an automotive format and for FREE.

I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpful or a good idea, just that there are BETTER ideas already tried and true, and that actually what we are doing here on this forum pretty well covers those areas. Granted that now that there is a lot of knowledge here on this site, as well as the other, it would probably make sense for FFR to hire someone to sort it and categorize it so it is easier to find, but really the only people this effort is going to help are FFR and the individual builder. As the individual builder will not pay for something he isn't sure will solve his problem, this, as I see it, is up to FFR. It would be great if they stepped up on this front.

·
Banned
2,213 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hmmm.

Most of the info we would need for a manual supplement is here in the forum. But that is also part of the problem.

-sometimes it's very difficult to find.
-sometimes you get bad gouge.
-sometimes there are just too many opinions.

I still believe the best practical way is to coordinate a group of members to collect the data (say one area/issue per), organize it and then have it reviewed/verified by the resident guro/s. Once verified it can be morphed into a pdf and offered as advice.

On a positive note. When Shane offers a solution/product(there are many), it comes with detailed instructions. As does Crash with his Header Tank and Heater Bypass Valve Kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.