Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal....I've read to use type F trans fluid, Ford PS fluid and several posts stated to use Honda PS fluid. I purchased type F but I'm now reluctant to pour it in. What is the fluid to use to end all this debate?

Thank you

·
Registered
608 Posts
I used Honda P/S fluid bought it online 3pak.
JR

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
Any of them will work. This is like engine oil, which brand is better and which weight is right. 🤪 My opinion is the Honda fluid, I think it handles heat a little better, and in a Ford pump it certainly seems quieter.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
24,382 Posts
Way back when I would lose assist near the end of an autocross run on hot days. Honda fluid was about a 90% fix. A cooler was the last 10%. So, for me, that was absolute proof that the Honda fluid handles heat better as Rich says. Although you can get fluid labeled for Honda use at parts stores I always get mine at a Honda dealer.

·
Too Cheap to paint!
6,371 Posts
Honda. I also did add a P/S fluid cooler until I took all the P/S system off and went electric.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a Ford pump so am using Motorcraft Type F. I'm only on the street so no need for anything handling higher temps. If you have the F I say use it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts