Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing my battery cutoff on the rear bulkhead with the terminals protruding into the trunk. My B&B has a "shelf" where the terminals stick into. Having a 2 guage, unfused terminal back there open to the world kind of bothered me. When ordering my weatherpak connectors, I saw Waytek part number 23507. It is a rubber boot that goes on the end of the cable and fits nicely over the terminal. I have not done the final install, but a rough test indicates that it will fit snugly over the nuts on the terminal and be held in place by the cable.

Tom

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yep. I used the top off of a empty black spray can. Cut a slot out for the cables to drop out of, one round of electrical tape, and it looks like it's made for it......

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
great info
TEC

·
FFCobra Craftsman
1,975 Posts
Now you guys tell me. I put about 30 coats of liquid electric tape on mine.

Frank.

·
Super Moderator
29,435 Posts
Pics??

2FAST

·
Senior Charter Member
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do not have pics yet. BTW, I was a moron (second move this week that I have counted, see other post) and only ordered one. They were fairly cheap, but there is the $25 minimum order. I think I want some two conductor weatherpack connectors and another one of these, plus one that will fit my alternator better. If anyone wants me to tack a few on to my order let me know. I will send them for the cost plust postage.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
29,435 Posts
Tom-

My "moronic" event cost me $500!! Don't feel bad

2FAST

·
12,650 Posts
Originally posted by Road Toad:
Yep. I used the top off of a empty black spray can. Cut a slot out for the cables to drop out of, one round of electrical tape, and it looks like it's made for it......
Mark, I was thinking that was your car, but could not remember for sure. its been 2 years, since is was over crawling all over your car and taking SO MANY photos.

earl

·
FFCobra Master Craftsman
1,852 Posts
Tom
Put me on your list for 2 if you get them....E-mail me the detyails
Tim Cronin

1 - 12 of 12 Posts