Factory Five Racing Forum banner

Pros/Cons C5 Instrument Cluster

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  docglock 
#1 ·
#2 ·
The upside is that you have the 'Vette gauge cluster, if you prefer that. The downside is that you will also have to have pretty much the complete wiring harness from a C5 and you will have to keep and use pretty much the whole thing and adapt it to work in the GTM.....including keeping the BCM. People have done it, but it wouldn't be something I'd volunteer to do, just for an instrument cluster. You will also have to modify your dash to fit the cluster.

#3 · (Edited)
Using just the I/P (cluster) is not practical for the reasons Shane mention. But in the other had , If you want ABS,Traction Control and all the amenities of a corvette, it is very cost effective. I incorporated all the corvette system on my car basically for free. I used the complete corvette harness with minor modification and have the I/P,HUD,ABS,Traction Control,Active Handling,Keyless entry,Power Windows,locks, mirrors,telescopic wheel,seats with memory,and you can use the corvette manual and schematics to scan it and trouble shoot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.