Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day guys, I decided to start another thread with a more suiting title.

Well on saturday it has officially been a year since I got my kit. And Ho boy was there a lot of work fun/frustration and a lot of learning involved in this project.

This project turned out to be great for the whole familly, everybody participated in it in one shape or form. Both my kids spent countless hours in the garage with their dad helping out build "the car", my lovely wife did an excellent job on the stiching that some of you (and myself) love so much in the interior, she also made my protective covers for seats, exaust and the last one a complete front protection when I work on the engine of the painted car!!

But foremost she suported this project from the get go and ever since. So finally we are almost complet, within a couple of weeks we should get the body back from the painter for final assembly, the car is complet (minus one seat as you see in the pics) and I will start looking for someone to allign the goKart this week before the body is put on . and after that it will be up to the power in control inspect and certified this project....

here are a few more pics of the installed dash

I did reference the old trade that has all the latest pics about the body and painting process.

http://www.ffcars.com/forums/17-fac...75852-project-update-ffr-7317-hold-paint.html

Attachments

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ttt

To the top

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya

Enjoy the journey its a realy important part of the process and if your luky enough to be able to share it with someone you care about then you have it Made !

I know I do!

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update

The painter called today the metalic Will be on this week end! I Should be able to go there next week and take pics for the gang. Also found someone to do the final alignement that. Will also be done NeXT week. Now it Will really start to go fast!!!

Cheers

· Junior Charter Member
309 Posts
Congrats on the milestone.
Look forward to more details, including the colors / colours you chose assembled on the chassis.

Cheers,

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Colors

Frame is black powder coated. The interior is premium aged black leather (leather has been threated tho be more supple and a bit less shinny). The body color is PPG ORange glow (from their tri-coat system), the stripe are sylver metalic, and of cours the car is also geting the super clear threatement! Hope to be posting picture soon of the boby's paint job.

Cheers.

· FFCobra Craftsman
26,200 Posts
Looking great! Got to ask, where is it you live? I don't recognise the name.

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Contry

Your right I never realised that I only stated the small town .

So here it is, near Montreal, Canada!

CHEERS

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
last naked pics

Well took her out today to allow me to get the garage floor cleaned up really good! And as a plus its always a nice conversation piece in the driveway for people passing by!! This should be the last pictures without the body.only a few loose ends to take care before installing the body.

Man the exaust pipe are realy low (4 inch off the pavement) that makes me realy nervous with or roads up here!!

any idea or insight (is the condition normal?)

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,407 Posts
Can't wait to see it, can't wait to see it......
My pipes are about the same, no rubbing on Quebec's off road rated streets...

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Me too

Cant wait to see it done too!!!!! Still cant beleive its mine and that I build it!

By the way cant wait to see yours also!!!

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I lied!!

Could not resist to post a picture of the car on the trailer ready to go for its final allignement. Man was it stressing to put it on the trailer, I even remove the exauste because I felt it was way to close for my comfort! That stress is out of the way now

Attachments

· Registered
4,498 Posts
lookin good
have fun driven it in go-cart i got close to 260 miles illegal around my neck of the woods
and the #7317 i like, thats the address of my childhood home in the southside

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Proper allignement!

Well the beast went for its professional allignement this morning what an adventure. leasing a trailer just to go 1.5 miles to get the alignement done what a drag especially that I needed to removed both side pipe to avoid damage while loading and un-loading the car from the " car carrier" lets just say that they are not made for car that low...

has usual here are a few pics for your enjoyement!!

Attachments

· Unconventional Builder
5,498 Posts
Shouldn't the alignment be done after body on and ride height finally set?

· Charter Member
7,882 Posts
If you have the ride height set, you can do the alignment when you want. If the car settles with the body on etc, you will need to reset the ride height, but the alignment settings won't change. I did my alignment with a Fastrax and got pretty close - good enough to put a couple thousand miles on it. After that, and before it's first track day, I took it in for corner weighting and a 4 wheel alignment. The corner weighting is well worth doing, given the propensity for these cars to have the passenger front wheel to lock up under hard braking.

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alignement

Thats what I did, the ride hight was set before going tothe garage! Time Will tel!

· Registered
4,498 Posts
you can re-use the sidepipe gasket if you smear copper anti-seize all over it on both sides.
i have the luxury of a great neighbor friend thats a pipefitter and we make our own out of gasket material designed for extreme heat and anti-seize it, he has a gasket cutting set works great

· Coolest Puzzle ever !
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks

Your right "bigleo" but looks like I will need to get some gasket anyway since one got damaged pretty good when I removed the left exaust. Whent to the painter's tonight and he was slowed down this week so the metalic was not on the car yet! It was a deception for me, because I'm realy anxious to see the color in the full size version.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.