Factory Five Racing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Boys...

So, as several have done before me, over the last week, with the help of my buddy, I installed an "Oh Shit!" bar. I'm very pleased with how it came out and thought that as usual, I would post a few pics for the edification of those coming along behind me, and to give all the rest of you guys something to make fun of.

These are the most precise brackets ever made, if we are off a sixteenth of an inch I would be shocked. They went on with some pretty nice welds, good thing I didn't have to weld them on. My work ain't that good...

Here's how it's all supposed to fit when done.

The grab bar is a nice billet one I got from Rex Marine. I'll drill the holes when it's time for the dash panel fitment.

Here it's all back together and paint is on, you just gotta love that Rustoleum...

Anyhow, thats how it all shook out today. I'm getting there. Tomorrow, I have to put the new seals into my T5 and install the new bellhousing, (Thanks Mike Forte). It's almost time to slam the drivetrain in there.

Chris.

[ February 24, 2007, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Cwood8656 ]

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Looks Great!

·
Super Moderator
29,396 Posts
Very nice. You could probably sell those as a kit for others.

2FAST

·
Junior Charter Member
918 Posts
Looks great. Good Job! I'm thinking to install not just one, but two of them in my FFR. **hehe j/k**

·
1st RFM/FFR Legacy Winner
23,004 Posts
Chris,
That's a nice mod. Will add a lot of strength to the "Jesus" handle. I agree, you should sell them.

Greg

·
2,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments all. I don't know about going into production, but I'd be more than happy to supply pics, drawings etc. for those that wanted to make them. The brackets could very easily bolt onto the 2x2 frame member, we just welded so as to have an excuse to play with our welders.

Chris.

·
Charter Member
3,059 Posts
Pretty interesting - neat idea.

·
Charter Member
1,220 Posts
Chris: Nice work! I guess it would work with Cobra Mike's underdash filler with cut-outs. This looks like another possible item for DWC if you go into production.

tim

1 - 10 of 10 Posts