Factory Five Racing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update and some progress pics on FFR 7593. Have gotten alot done, but still alot to go. I installed my hidden battery box in the trunk, and ran all my power wires, along with the battery cut off mounted on the rear bulkhead in between the seats. I have all my fuel lines/ fuel pump done. Installed a new carb, holley HP 650 DP. Only thing left to do to the engine is adjust the rockers, button up the valve covers and get some oil in her. I had my driveshaft shortened, and its installed. Ive got my fan mounted in a custom shroud. I was able to bump the starter over the other night, so its so close.

Anyways here's some pic updates

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Very nice build. Engine compartment looks really sweet. Please do something different with the battery cables - looks like a short waiting to happen.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The camera angle makes the cables look close, they are actually spaced pretty good from the cross bar. But I'll prob move it down a hole to be safe.

·
Junior Charter Member
2,916 Posts
Where and how is your neg cable hooked to the frame? I need to do mine this weekend.

Drill and tap into the 2x4 main tube was what I was thinking.

Your build looks really nice!

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Looks Great!

Getting excited and anxious aren't you??!! I was there just a couple months ago, first start.
It gets better! First Go-Kart still has me smiling!!:001_smile:

Good Luck, you're REALLY CLOSE :w00t:

·
Registered
919 Posts
Blitz, you’re doing a nice job…you have a nice build going. Of course you know; You have to do a nice job with those Goodyear Billboards.

One thing though: Is that your final serpentine belt routing? I would be concerned that you may not have enough wrap around the water pump. You may get some slippage.

Jack

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Looks Great!

Getting excited and anxious aren't you??!! I was there just a couple months ago, first start.
It gets better! First Go-Kart still has me smiling!!:001_smile:

Good Luck, you're REALLY CLOSE :w00t:
Man thats no lie, its so close I can taste it :001_tongue:

@Avalanche, Yes thats how I did mine

@Jack, Thanks for the compliments, as far as the belt goes I "think" it will be enough, if not I'll have to figure out something else. It doesnt look like much in the pic, but there is a decent grab on the water pump pulley.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Blitz your car is looking fantastic!!

·
Super Moderator
29,393 Posts
<an, that is really hot looking! Love the polished aluminum!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.