Went to see my body today. Got there just as he finished putting on the second coat of sealer. In the photos you'll see my painter(Girlfriend's nephew) in action and the the body after the first two coats of indigo blue paint. Getting closer!
With some help from friends and family, along with Terrorist Hunter(from this site) got my body home and mounted on the frame. No runs, hits or errors! The paint is now dull 'cause my painter felt is would be better to do the final cut and buff with the body mounted so he could put a little muscle behind it and not flex the body too much. The pictures are a little grainy, but you get the idea.
It's coming along beautifully. I'm glad I didn't take this on myself. Watching Josh wet sand, polish, rinse, repeat, is a study in patience and perseverance. He thinks the body will be done by Saturday. I'll start reassembly on Sunday.
Polish is done and assembly has started. I got home after work and could not help myself. I had an issue with the passenger side headlight which is why it's not there. The pictures don't do the paint justice.
Headlights, front signals, quick jacks front and rear, windshield, wipers mounted, etc. Roll bar temporarily in. Only glitch so far is my high beam relay is not latching. I've heard that they are a little temperamental. My wiring seems correct. In the next few days I'll take it out and bench test it. If not, no biggie, the highs work, just have to hold the button.
A forum community dedicated to Factory Five owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, racing, conversions, modifications, troubleshooting and drivetrain. We discuss MK4, GTM, 818, Type 65 coupe, roadsters, and more!