Registered
4,741 Posts
I like the wipers, "they've got a good beat and it's easy to dance to!" LOL

nice job, good information, thanks!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Still keeping busy; seat belts and their bezels from Finishline. I figured, much easier to put the belts on without the body and Finishline is twenty minutes from so getting parts is easy.

And even though I don't have pin drive, I like the detail of the safety wire.

·
Junior
1,520 Posts
Awesome detail. Love the safety wire. Gives me yet another idea...thanks.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Did you trim a fit everything before sending the body out?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Looks terrific

Jorge-

What a great job! Your pace is amazing, and it truly looks out of this world. What color have you chosen? Stripes?

I can't wait to see the finished product-- what a terrific job!

Regards,

Steve

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Paint at last!!

Went to see my body today. Got there just as he finished putting on the second coat of sealer. In the photos you'll see my painter(Girlfriend's nephew) in action and the the body after the first two coats of indigo blue paint. Getting closer!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
With some help from friends and family, along with Terrorist Hunter(from this site) got my body home and mounted on the frame. No runs, hits or errors! The paint is now dull 'cause my painter felt is would be better to do the final cut and buff with the body mounted so he could put a little muscle behind it and not flex the body too much. The pictures are a little grainy, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
It's coming along beautifully. I'm glad I didn't take this on myself. Watching Josh wet sand, polish, rinse, repeat, is a study in patience and perseverance. He thinks the body will be done by Saturday. I'll start reassembly on Sunday.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Polish is done and assembly has started. I got home after work and could not help myself. I had an issue with the passenger side headlight which is why it's not there. The pictures don't do the paint justice.

·
FFCobra Craftsman
3,235 Posts
Looking sweet Jorge!!!

·
Registered
898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
Finally getting it together!!

Headlights, front signals, quick jacks front and rear, windshield, wipers mounted, etc. Roll bar temporarily in. Only glitch so far is my high beam relay is not latching. I've heard that they are a little temperamental. My wiring seems correct. In the next few days I'll take it out and bench test it. If not, no biggie, the highs work, just have to hold the button.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Awesome progress. Thanks for keeping this thread going. It's been a blast to watch.

Congrats!!

61 - 80 of 112 Posts